Have you ever tried to tell a girl you loved her and just could not get the words to come out right? We’ve all been there, haven’t we? There is an old adage that says, “Actions speak louder than words,” so, with that in mind, here are 5 ways to tell a girl you love her that do not involve words:
1. Make her a special meal. You do not have to be a great chef, just think about what she likes and then go out of the way to learn how to prepare her favorite meal from scratch. In other words, ordering take-out or popping something into the microwave is not what I am suggesting. Make her special meal with your own hands from scratch. Think about the look on her face when she comes over and you escort her into the dining room, onto the patio, or into your yard where a candlelit dinner is waiting — her favorite meal prepared lovingly by you.
2. Take her on a surprise trip. This does not have to be extravagant or expensive. Just plan a special outing and when she arrives for a simple date or visit, tell her you are going someplace special. It can be a walk in the park followed by ice cream, or wine tasting in Napa Valley. The point is, you are doing something thoughtful and just for the two of you. Remember, if the date requires special shoes or clothes, pack some options for her. You do not want to take her horseback riding in high heels.
3. Really listen to her. This is a simple suggestion, and also one of the hardest to pull off. Try spending an entire evening with her and listening deeply to what she is really saying. Focus completely on her concerns, her issues, her dreams, and really try and understand the world from her point of view. Listening is a skill that you can develop, and if you love a girl, really listening to her can deepen your relationship. The benefits to your relationship from really listening are immeasurable.
4. Do something for her that she needs done. What I suggest here is that you think about the things that she really needs to get done but has not been able to do. For instance, maybe she is always saying, “I need to clean my car”, or, “I wish I had a place to store this yarn.” Then, secretly detail her car or build her a yarn storage cabinet. She will know that you listen to her, care about her, and that she is important enough for you to take action – you might even get a sweater out of this one, and that has special meaning all its own to women who knit.
5. Make a commitment in a tangible way. This can take many forms but the key here is that there is probably something that would show her that you really are committed to her for the long run. For some this may mean a proposal, but for others it may mean doing a budget together or getting a pet that belongs to you both. Whatever it is, making a commitment is one way to show a girl you really love her.
In the end, telling a girl you love her is really about taking some kind of action that shows love, concern, caring and commitment. Be creative in showing your love through actions and you will be the most eloquent person on the planet.