As you THINK, you are! When I first heard these words, many decades ago, I considered them, but, probably, not as fully, as I should have! You can think you can or can’t. Either way, you’ll be correct. These words, usually credited to Henry Ford, state, it’s up to each of us, personally, to become the masters of our own destiny, by proceeding, with objective introspection, and possessing the level of self – confidence, which makes us, more effective, and meaningful! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and how it relates to our own health and overall happiness.
1. Trust; theories; tendencies; time – tested; timely: Do you trust your own instincts, and why? How have you formulated your own theories, and which of your personal tendencies, best serve you, and your overall, best interests? Will you study, and learn, so you might take advantage of time – tested, knowledge, so you don’t waste time, and personal energy, trying to reinvent – the – wheel? How might you, consistently, and persistently, proceed forward, in a well – considered, timely manner, and expand the self – imposed limitations of your personal comfort zone?
2. Healing; head/ heart: Our efforts, often, differentiate between whether we proceed forward, with joy, and happiness, rather than dwelling on the negative possibilities! It is usually, healing, when, we use the best aspects of both, our logical and emotional components, in a head/ heart balance!
3. Integrity; ideals; ideas; imagination; innovate; insights; instincts: We often stress maintaining genuine integrity, with others, but isn’t doing so, even more necessary, when we give ourself, a check – up, from the neck – up? The merger and alignment of quality ideals, brings about ideas, that maximize the imagination, and ability to innovate, effectively! Do your introspective, insights, help, or hinder, your overall happiness, etc?
4. Needs: Making the most of your potential for a healthier, happier existence, means centering your focus and emphasis, on your true needs! You can’t do so, effectively, until/ unless, you clearly identify, and know these!
5. Knowledge; what to keep: What things, is it wise, for you to keep and maintain, and which should you discard? How might you maximize your potential knowledge, in the most relevant way, which properly addresses your happiest possibilities?
As you THINK, you are! Will you commit, to doing, everything possible, to focus you mind, on your finest possibilities, for better health and overall happiness?